I am linking up today with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday linky!
1. I want to teach my third graders about a holiday that is not well known in these parts ~ Mardi Gras. I have such fond memories as a kid of having the day off, walking in some tame parades, and beads. So, I spent ALL week working on my Mardi Gras nonfiction literacy unit. It includes a passage with before, during, and after activities, and a fun game. I can't wait to share it with them next week! It is on sale through the weekend for half price at both my TPT and TN stores!
2. We got a pretty good snow, but I had to go into work! I didn't even get to take pictures of it before it melted! My kids did get to play in it at the babysitter's, and she sent me some pictures. So, there was snow this morning, and 50's by the afternoon. Someone really needs to get Mother Nature some hormone therapy!
3. We had our 100th Day on Tuesday! The kids had so much fun, especially since a local supermarket donated balloons for the kids and a balloon sculpture. How neat! You can see some of the balloons at Sarah's blog ~ Learning is for Superstars.
4. We had our second Pinterest party, and I am so pinning this one! One of teachers at our school hosted it. At our parties, the host provides the food and all of the supplies. This one was great! We made cool magnetic picture frames with pictures that can be interchanged. She purchased $1 frames and took out the glass. She replaced it with a sheet of metal that she had spray painted. She also had all of the supplies for us to have and use.
|The supplies to make it|
5. And now to showcase some great giveaways!
Coffee, Kids, and Compulsion is having a 500 followers giveaway! Easy to enter too!
Flying Into First is having an awesome 850 TPT Follower giveaway!!
Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five For Friday!
Until next time!